Whew! I just managed to finish the Sunday Update before it is Monday. It has been a busy week for me. I moved house and then was lucky enough to spend a couple of days in a game reserve. I have attached a picture from one of the game drives so that you will forgive me for my tardiness.
I did discuss a little bit of investing on this trip. Again, the same story as always. People in their 30’s know they should be investing but don’t know where to start nor do they trust the financial services industry. I gave my usual story. Buy the brands you, your family and friends love… and do it regularly. The platforms are available. For South African equities, use EasyEquities. For global equities, use Interactive Brokers. It’s easy to setup accounts on each platform. There is no excuse!
What I have been reading
- Bidvest (BVT) declared a dividend of R2.27 per share (a big drop from last year but last year was paid before Bid Corporation was spun-off – SENS)
- Distell (DST) declared R1.65 per share (no change from last year – SENS)
- JSE Limited (JSE) declared R5.60 per share (8% up from last year – SENS)
- MTN dropped its dividend to R4.50 per share (SENS)
- Nedbank declared a dividend of R6.30 per share (SENS)
- RCL Foods (RCL) declared R0.10 per share (SENS)
- Standard Bank (SBK) increased its DPS to R4.40 (SENS)
- Santam (SNT) will pay R5.70 per share (SENS)