Nah, only kidding (Sorry for the clickbait :) ). Who would write such rubbish... ahem, nearly every financial publication in the world. Look, they need to sell news somehow and we love shortcuts. Wouldn't it be awesome, if we could just buy one company and make a ton of money? Be my guest. You may get lucky but don't count on it.
I have no idea what 2019 will hold. If I had my way, there would be a new president in the White House and there would be no Brexit. So instead creating a "Top 3 Companies to Invest in 2019" list, I have created a list of financial affairs things to do this year. Here are some ideas:
- Start a tax free savings account using low-cost products (You can do so at EasyEquities)
- Review the fees you are paying your financial adviser
- Make a list of books to read (investment and other)
- Set up monthly debit orders for discretionary savings and investments
- Cut unnecessary subscriptions (unused gym contracts, DSTV etc)
- Don't buy a new car if it is "paid off" in 2019
- Plan a holiday with your family (do it now so you can save and budget)
- And most importantly, learn to live a little below your means... don't be one financial crisis from ruin
Some of you may already have done some of the above. Well done if you have. Can you think of any others?